Top 15 Social Isolation Games and Activities for Families!
With this increase of social distancing, families are looking for activities to do. They can of course go on walks outside and doing things around the yard, but what about activities inside?
We want to provide a list of activities to do inside that is fun for the whole family! We have a section of physical games, board games, and lastly different activities!
Physical Indoor Family Games
These are some of our favorite physical games to play inside! These games involve some movement and action, while being able to still play them inside!
1. DELU: DELU is a must buy!! Order your game today, you will not be disappointed! It's a game you and your family will love! DELU is a perfect game for the whole family! It is a fun physical game that can be played inside that will have you hooked after one throw! You bounce a ball and get points where it lands, with a chance to score and automatic win! This game is so much fun and will keep you busy for hours!! Order your game today!
2. Bulzibucket: Won the Creative Child Magazine Game of the year! A fun twist to bean bag toss that you can play inside! It has a couple of different point breakdowns and is very easy to learn to play.
3. PutterBall: Want to practice putting and have fun doing so? Check out PutterBall! Great way to practice your golf game for your whole family, even if they aren't all golfers.
4. Bottle-Bullseye: Remember the bottle flip trend? Well bring that inside with Bottle-Bullseye! Score points based on where the bottle lands. With many different game modes, this will keep kids and parents busy!
5. Throw Throw Burrito: This is a fun combination of a card game and dodgeball! This is a high intense game that can be a ton of fun. It's from the creators of Exploding Kittens, so you know it's going to be a fun game!
Best Family Board Games
Here are some of our favorite board games! There are plenty more board games out there, but we wanted to highlight some of our favorites that you may or may not know
1. Exploding Kittens: What a fun game! It is intense and has some strategy and is just a lot of fun! Their website makes the rules very easy to understand. This game will keep you busy for a while!
2. Telestrations: Also a cool game that involves some drawing! This is basically the popular game of telephone, but drawing! Draw, guess, draw, guess, and so on. Will the final drawing be the same as the first drawing?
3. Sequence: It is like Connect 4, but with a combination of strategy as well as luck! Draw a card, put your token on the right spot, and try to get 5 in a row to win. This is a great game for teams or 1v1!
4. Monopoly: This is just a classic game and is a fun game for all generations. What is cool about monopoly is games can go on for a long time. If you want a game that can last a while and span a few days, give Monopoly a play.
5. Escape the Room: Bring the escape room into your home with this board game. Once you beat this game, you should wait a while to play again so you forget how you escaped, but the game is a ton of fun. With escape rooms being closed, this is a great way to bring it home!
Non Game Family Activities
Here are some non game family activities that are a fun way to pass time! We hope these activities inspire some creativity and provide hours of fun for everyone!
1. Disney Imagineering in a Box: Love Disney and want to design your own theme park? Check out the imagineering in a box course and follow the guide to create your own Disney magic at home! The whole family can create their own park together or each person can alone. Be creative and have some fun!
2. Movie Night: This is simple, pick out your favorite movie or watch a movie you haven't seen yet, sit back, relax, and enjoy! If the kids want, you can make it the full movie theater experience! Make tickets, set up a projector, open a snack stand, so it feels like you are going to a real movie!
3. Bring the Restaurant Home: Turn meals into a full restaurant experience. Let everyone have a say in the food for the meals. This is a great way to connect with the whole family over some good food. Maybe the kids want to make a menu for the evening and be the waiters/waitresses. Similar to movie night, be as creative as you would like! Restaurants aren't open right now, so bring it into your home!
4. Puzzles: Puzzles are a great way to pass a lot of time. It can be frustrating, but very rewarding when you finish one! It is a fun tasks that can be spread over days or even weeks depending on the difficulty of the puzzle! I love photomosaic puzzles where each piece is made up of many small pictures!
5. Crafts: This is a very broad category, but find a craft you want to do and go for it! There are so many great websites with lists of crafts to do. Find one based on what you like! I love Disney World, so I made a replica of Splash Mountain! There are plenty of ideas out there and crafts are a great way to pass time, be creative, and have fun!
If you have ideas of other games and activities that could be on this list, comment them below! We would love to hear what you think!